Software Engineer January 2016–Present
I am currently a software engineer for FloSports where I work on a live-streaming platform for sporting events. I am using my experience with PHP to build a scalable API for managing athlete and team identities, and an event registration system built on top of Angular 2.
Software Engineer September 2014–January 2016
I was a full-stack software engineer for Help.com where I helped build a live chat application. i I laid the foundation for a Docker-based production deployment system and built some of the core components of Help.com's microservice-based architecture. I worked extensively on building Node.js microservices and instrumenting them in our frontend Ampersand.js (a Backbone.js derivative) application.
Web Programmer June 2006–September 2014
I worked at Dominion Enterprises for 8 years on a variety of web applications, APIs, and DevOps/Systems applications. My primary role was a PHP software engineer with a focus on APIs and core functionality. I also led projects for release management and server/process automation. I was the head of a company-wide Open Source committee and a member of the company's Technical Talent Acquisition Group (TTAG).
Some of the key projects that I led include:
- introducing and managing version control systems including automated release processes;
- introducing unit testing and test-driven development;
- developing a RESTful API and converting applications to access it;
- developing an AWS cloud-based automated deployment process utilizing continuous delivery; and
- establishing the company's open source portfolio, leading up a committee to maintain it, and evangelising OSS to the company as a whole.
Computer Science August 2003–May 2006
In three years, I received a B.S. in Computer Science.
- PHP 10+ years
- Node.js 4+ years
- Docker 3+ years
- Linux 10+ years
- HTML/CSS/JS 10+ years
- AWS 3+ years
- Ansible/Chef/Puppet 3+ years
- Ruby 3 years